“Are you planning to visit some wonderful location in india. Tirupati may be a great option. A weekend trip to Tirupati may be a great experience that you would remember for rest of your life. Let’s examine why should you visit to Tirupati which is also known as The spiritual capital of India.
- Tirupati is located at 13.65°N 79.42°E in the Chittoor District of the South Indian State of Andhra Pradesh.
- It is 267 kilometers away from Bangalore.
- This temple is also known as the “Temple of seven hills”.
- The temple is spread over a massive 26.75 sq.kms of area.
- Sri Venkateswara Swamy Vaari Temple is the most popular and religious attraction of the city is located on the Tirumala hilltop, 18 kms from Tirupati. You will feel delighted after getting a glimpse of the eight-foot tall idol of Lord Venkateswara adorned with gold, diamonds and flowers and standing under the gilded dome, Ananda Nilaya Divya Vimana.
- You must visit Sri Kalahasti Temple dedicated to Lord Shiva. It reflects Chola and Vijayanagara styles of architecture. It is also famous for its Vayu Linga that represents wind, Sri Kalahasti Temple is one of the five Pancha Bhoota Stalams.
Where can you stay:-
Though there are numerous hotels in Tirupati, it is recommended that you book a guesthouse or Kalyana Mandapam located close to the main temple. Numerous other hotels are also available at Rs. 500-3000 per night.
Following links may be very helpful if you want to learn more about trip to Tirupati:-
- A Weekend Trip to Tirupati: The Spiritual Capital of Andhra Pradesh